Recommendation to Parents/ Guardians
- The motto of the school is ‘Let the little ones come tome’. The ideal is set before the pupils who are expected to strive after the Glory of God by doing their duties well and with sincerity at all times.(40)
- Parents are expected to co-operate with the School authorities and the teachers by enforcing regularity and discipline, supervising lessons, taking active part in the School activities and by sending the boys/girls with proper uniform.
- All letters and correspondence addressed to students are subject to the scrutiny of the Principal.
- The name, class and section of the students be clearly written on his/her belongings.
- Occasional remarks from the teachers and the Principal are made in the School diary for the information of the parents. In such cases they should never fail to sign the diary so as to show their acknowledgment.
- Parents are expected to sign the note books when they are sent for it. Failure to do so may put their children to great inconvenience. They should particularly check their leave and absence records.
- When communicating with the Principal, parents/guardians are requested to mention in their letter the name of the student, class and section.
- Tipping the servants either during or after the School hours must be avoided at all costs.
- Parents must intimate the School whenever their residential address or telephone numbers are changed in order to communicate to them in urgent matters, in the interest of their children.
- Answer papers of quarterly and half yearly examination will only be shown to the parents. Application for verification of marks in special cases will be considered
(41) at the discretion of the School authorities.
- They should insist on their children devoting enough time daily to learn their lessons before they come to School. On holidays some time should be devoted to
study at home.)
- If parents or guardians _ind that their ward is not picking up right habits or is not progressing satisfactorily in his/ her studies, they should make an
appointment with the Principal to discuss the matter.)
- Parents are requested not to send for their children during class hours except in case of unforeseen emergency. Principals permission should be taken to leave the campus.
- Parents should understand that they cannot dictate to the Principal but that the Principal has the right to say on what conditions he will admit or detain pupils in the institution.
- Principal must be informed of the absence of the students at the
- Should there be any infectious disease in your home please report the fact to the Principal at once and do not send your child to the class till the child is fully cured. The Doctor’s Certificate to attend the class must be brought the day the child is _it to join the School
- If a student is likely to be absent due to illness for a long period, the Principal must be informed immediately through an application with the name, class and section of their ward.(42)
- Parents/Guardians are requested not to give money to children unless they receive a written notice from the School. Children should be provided with Ti fin lunch.
- Parents/Guardians are requested to send their wards to School in time and in clean and tidy uniform.
- Tuitions are strongly discouraged. Parents who seek admissions in this School and look out for tutors, are taking a risk as they will depend on the sincerity of the tutors. Parents who have no time to give personal attention to their children should not admit or retain their children in this School.
- In spite of all help given, if a child fails to show any progress the same may be discussed with the Principal/Head Mistress. Class/Subject Teachers and the Principal/ Head Mistress may permit extra coaching by a member of the staff.
- To ensure integrity and dedication of the members of the staff, the following are the guidelines to the staff/parents/ guardians in regard to private tuitions:
- No member of the staff of this institution may undertake a tuition without the sanction of
the Principal. No teacher is permitted to take the tuition of their own students.
- No staff member of this institution is permitted to visit the homes of the children to
give tuition, and suggest the need for private tuition.
- A parent/guardian desirous of arranging a private tuition, from a member of this institution shall apply in writing to the Principal, who are ascertaining the merit of the application, will forward it to any member of the staff. The parents and teacher will accept the terms and conditions of the assignment from the Principal before commencing with tuition work.
- It is to be clearly understood by both parents and the tutors that coaching is an exception. It is primarily to help the child to gain confidence and right habit of study and as soon as the child is able to cope up with his/her studies, tuition should be discontinued.
- A teacher who values tuition work more than her/ his dedication to duty and where his/her work suffers, puts himself/herself in danger of having his/her service to the
institution, terminated. Parents are requested not to bring pressure on a teacher in this regard but be conscious in their dealing in the mater.
- All tuition work shall end a week before the examinations commence.
- The School Managing Committee reserves the right to waive any of the rules contained in the prospectus, without assigning any reason for its action.
- The final interpretation of any rule of this prospectus as well as any amendment to it rests solely and entirely with the Managing Committee of the School. Its interpretation shall be final and binding on parents and students of this institution and no case shall lie in any court of law in respect of its decision.